‘Sahu Eye Hospital‘ was founded 33 years back by Dr. Amulya Sahu. Since then it has been providing yeomen service in the field of eye care in the northern suburbs of Mumbai. Our first steps were in the form of Sahu Eye Hospital at Marve Road, Malad which was set up in 1979 . Since then we have grown in size and confidence. Two more centers have been started, one at Charkop, Kandivali and the other at Link Road, Malad.Dr. Amulya Sahu
He is the founder of Sahu Eye Hospital. He has his humble beginning from a small village in the state of Orissa. He is a man of remarkable qualities the least of which is his zeal to serve and give back something to the society. He did his M.B.B.S from S.C.B Medical college, Cuttack.
- His Achievements
- Live Surgery
M.S., D.O.M.S (J.J Hospital, Mumbai)
- Honorary Eye Surgeon at Dr. Bhalabhai Nanavati Hospital
- Medical Director- Kamal Netralaya Pvt. Ltd.
- Accomplished Phaco surgeon. He is amongst the earliest practices of Phaco surgery in Bombay.
- President of SCB Medical College, Cuttack, Diamond Jubilee Year
- He was the Leader of the Eastern zone in NCC President Elect BOA – 2005 – 2006 Pediatric Ophthalmology
- BOA Secretary – 2004-2005.
- Scientific Committee Chairman – Malad Medical Association – 2004-2005
- Joint secretary – Ocular Trauma Society of India (OTSI)
- He was an invited faculty in International Conference on “Cataract – 2001”, held at B. P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan, Nepal on April 9-10, 2001, where he gave live demonstration on Phaco Emulsification & SICS.
- Invited faculty at Aditya Jyot Eye Hospital where first time he demonstrated his innovative method of STOP & CHOP – SICS – in presence of Scientific Secretary, AIOS, Dr. S. Natrajan on 4th December, 2004
- Live demonstration of Phaco surgery at Disha Eye Hospital, West Bengal June 2003
- Live demonstration of Phaco & Non-Phaco surgery at Cuttack, Orissa in month of June 2003
Dr. Chinmaya Sahu
Dr. Chinmaya Sahu has been a meritorious student throughout. Dr Chinmaya Sahu is a Ex. Consultant- Vitreo-retina Services, L V Prasad Eye Institute. He has done 700+ Vitrectomies Surgeries, 200+ Scleral Buckles Surgeries, 5000+ Laser Procedures, 6000+ Phacoemulsification for Cataract Surgeries. Dr Chinmaya Sahu has done all types Of Retinal Surgeries Including RD, TRD, Combined RD, Post Trauma Scleral Tear, LOFB, Endophthalmitis, Macular Hole, Epiretinal Membrane, Recurrent RD. Check Dr. Chinmaya Sahu’s Profile
- Dr. Amulya Sahu: Comprehensive Ophthalmology and Refractive surgery
- Dr. Chinmaya Sahu: Vitreo-Retina
- Dr. Ashwini Karanjgaonkar: Vitreo-Retina
- Dr. Siddharth Kesarwani : Pediatric Ophthalmologist
- Dr. Kamlesh Gupta: Oculoplasty
- Dr. Jatin Ashar: Cornea
- Dr. Sapna Kini: Cornea
- Mrs. Shilpa
- Mrs. Jyotsana
- Mrs. Kalyani
- Miss Lalita Varsala
- Mrs. Soniya Fernandes
- Mrs. Anita Pasi
- Mrs. Nayana Potdar